Sunday, December 28, 2008

That was fast!


I can't believe how fast Christmas came and went!! And it was one of my more happier Christmases that I can remember for a long time! It seemed past ones were filled with worries and stresses, and now it was just a foregone conclusion that we needed to be frugal and concentrate on the other aspects of Christmas like spending time as a family and enjoying the simplicity of the holiday with its spiritual nature...makes one really think.

My daughter Kara and I spent some quality time together during her short one week visit. She was home from San Jose State and brought home my Kitchenaid mixer so that we could do a little baking. We also did a little shopping at Forever 21, which is a very reasonable, yet fashionable clothing store, and we treated ourselves to cappucinos and macchiatos at our favorite coffee place It's A Grind. Above, she's wearing the Ribs & Ruffles scarf I knitted for her out of Lion Brand Jiffy.

I also finally received the Wii Fit!!! All the kids and my husband pitched in to get me this, and I think so far, it's pretty fun to use!! I just hope I can keep it up!! I really need to lose some pounds and get my energy up again...at least it's my main New Year's resolution!!

Let's hope 2009 is a better year than being predicted...although in many ways, I think it's good to get a wake up call and realize that we're living beyond our means and that we can be happy and be appreciative with less. If we all learn this lesson, I think that would be a good thing in the coming New Year...I'll certainly try and learn it!



3 comments:

Annelies said...

I agree....lets look forward to 2009 with optimism!!!! Our Christmas was equally fun and so much of that had to do with spending quality time with family. Best gift of all. XXX Annelies

Chris said...

Great Tree and lovely to see all the presents all around just as a home should be at Christmas time and sounds like you had a great time with your daughter..
Chris x

Pam said...

I agree it was time for a wake up call too. We had a simple but great christmas. I love Kara's scarf.