Although this has been a busy month with a visit up North, and painting the room, I did manage to set aside time in the evening to stitch on Beatrix Potter. It's such a good de-stress-er, and I so enjoy picking out the colours as I go...above decided to do a combination of two contrasting hand-dyed silks, and I like how the carnation has center stage.
The swan had my attention since it was easy to miscount, but I won and it turned out beautifully. The quaker motif below was a treat to stitch and for some reason, simply flew off my needle.
Since it's Halloween, I got out my spooky witch scissors fob!
Below, is my progress as it stands now...only three motifs to go in the lower right corner. My plan is to keep going and get it completed prior to the holiday season since I have lots of knitting and crocheting to do!! No shopping for me this year on our meager budget, but I have plenty of yarn, and able fingers.
27 minutes ago