Saturday, October 1, 2011

A New Project...

 I finally got started on the Dutch Treat's Shabbat table topper.  I've had it kitted up for a couple of years, but just wasn't satisfied with the dye lot of the variegated Watercolour thread called Mediterranean.  Just had too much turquoise over powering the palette.  So tried to make substitutions, but still wasn't quite hitting the mark.
 Finally, I made a remark about this at the Dutch Treat's yahoo group to which designer Claudia kindly emailed me and said she had some of the old dye lot originally intended for this chart, and would I like to have some??  Oh, golly yes!!  And now I'm loving the results...just the right touch of turquoise with the darker blues...
I love stitching these table toppers...done on large count Anne Cloth afghan fabric which is easy on the eyes and nerves!!  And now the results are most pleasing with the right thread!

3 comments:

Annelies said...

I have missed you....glad to see you are back!!!!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Thanks!! Been under the weather and totally exhausted from the new substitute instructional assistant gig...I'll try to be better about posting!

Von said...

Beautiful project, Jacquie! So glad you got your hands on just the right threads. :)