Sunday, April 10, 2011

Qualifying for the Senior Discounts Today...

 My birthday is today, and yesterday my parents came over to celebrate a bit with dinner and gifts.  I requested that my mom bring over my old baby book, so scanned almost the entire thing.  Above, is the very cute cover.
 This was me right after I was born...my Oma (my mom's mom) was there for my birth because my poor Dad was stuck on a broken Merchant Marine ship in Beirut, but he got to meet me later.
 I had no hair!!!  I looked very much like my paternal Opa who also had no hair!!!
 Above is my first birthday...we still lived in Holland then, but soon after in May, we moved to the United States.  Since they did not want me to mess up my birthday dress, they stripped me to my underwear, and I proceeded to carefully eat my birthday cake proving them wrong!
 Out of all the pictures in the baby book, the above one with my mother is my favorite...
Lots of Jacquelines here!!!  So far, having a nice birthday and plan to spread it out during the entire month of April, as usual!!!!

4 comments:

Von said...

What sweet pictures, Jacquie!! Wishing you a very happy birthday today, and all month long. :D

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Thank you, Von!!!!

The Dease Family said...

I love all the pictures, but the one with your mother is also my favorite. Happy Birthday from all of us - Jill, Jonathan, Clare and Munich!

My name is Riet said...

Hi Jacquie.It was lovely to hear from you. This little book is gorgeous, so wonderful your mom still had it.