Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September Knit-a-long

Rachel's Knitting Corner http://rachelsknittingcorner.blogspot.com/ September Knit-a-long sure gave me a run for my money this time. I didn't quite "get" the "Do not turn. Slide stitches to opposite end of needle" instructions, especially when it came to my just cast on stitches.
I tend to complicate things, I guess!! So I tried it two ways, and one interpretation was better than the other one, and finally the light bulb came on!! So now I'm on my merry way!! This new technique using the cable needles and sliding stitches and knitting with two colors basically at opposite ends is actually kind of fun once you get the hang of it!


I'm using hot green and yellow...that was the interpretation that "won," and thought I'd just continue...it's looking quite bright!
I'm up to day three now, and I'm still curious how this will turn out...
So far, so good!!! I can't wait until tomorrow's new set of rows!!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I love your colors!! Funny how we all had a bit of a difficulty with starting it.

Sherry Hogan said...

Mine must be right it looks like yours but Rachels looks different but her colors are more closer than mine.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

I just checked and mine looks like Rachel's: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15226377@N07/5014678158/

So don't know how your's would be different...