Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last Minute Christmas...

I went to Joanne's today in search of another fleece panel. Most are either too childish or not the right animal, but found this one with the deer that I thought looked really nice. Luckily, the fleece panels were 50% off! We added another guest for Christmas dinner, and wanted to give him something a little more special than a box of chocolate, although I still have it as back up if he doesn't like the blanket! Anyway, came home and whipped this latest blanket up and was glad that there was ample of the green backing fleece from my stash!
The other blankets and presents are all wrapped and under the tree...
With a stern Santa being protective of them...
And Maggi the dog looking as though she's ready to open them all up!! So I think I'm more than ready to have Christmas here already with homemade presents under the tree, and all the fixin's for dinner...even hunted down some inexpensive Maple Syrup at Trader Joe's for the brine we're going to try on the turkey...I can't wait to see how it's going to taste!

4 comments:

SheilaC said...

That was a great deal at Joanns!! Your tree looks gorgeous!!

hugs
Sheila

Annelies said...

I love that you are really SEWING!!! I knew I would get you interested if I would keep begging (G)!!! The tree and house look festive and jolly...hope your holiday is the best. XX Annelies

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

I'm SEWING! I'm really, really SEWING!!! Why do I sound like Sally Fields???????????

Ada said...

Fabulous blanket!

Merry christmas