Friday, December 25, 2009

Cooperative Effort on Christmas

Oh, my, what a nice Christmas we had! Above you see the dearest gift I received today...a group picture of my kids organized by my kids!! Such a wonderful surprise! I am touched by their cooperative effort to get this picture accomplished! My parents received one too and were absolutely thrilled like Frank and I were!!
My homemade blankets were a hit as well as the scarves and afghans that I knitted and crocheted. My Dad below was gleefully pointing out that his afghan was full of holes! So funny since when my Mom got her afghan first, he was joking that it wasn't going to be her afghan for long when they got home...haha!! The next gift opened was his afghan so no stealing allowed!!
Dinner was very delicious! Will and I brined the turkey with maple syrup and herbs with the salted liquid! Boy, did it ever turn out well!! I think we have a new tradition!!!
It's always a source of suspense for me, so when Christmas goes this well, it's so very satisfying...new memories to cherish with everyone having a great day to remember!

4 comments:

SheilaC said...

Jacquie, I LOVE the pic of the kids... they even matched their outfits! Did they go to a studio or just have a friend do it? Its a great picture. Glad you all had a wonderful day!

Sheila

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

They had a friend do it, but scouted out for the perfect location...I had just bought that dress for Kara at Kohl's and was about to save it for Christmas, but gave it to her early! Glad I did!! Everyone looks wonderful!

Von said...

Fantastic picture of your kids, Jacquie! Looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! :)

Pam said...

What a wonderful picture of the kids!! It sure looks like you had a great holiday!!