Thursday, November 12, 2009

Holiday Homespun Afghan

My latest project which I started, believe it or not, just last night! Works up so quickly on the larger hook (S-35/19mm) and holding together 4 strands of Lion Brand's Holiday Homespun. It has just a little bit of sparkle in it...just enough to make it shine a bit without over powering. You can find the pattern at www.LionBrand.com. Worth signing up for so you can have access to oodles of free patterns!
The pattern consists of the simple V-stitch. Crocheting with 4 strands takes a bit of getting used to, but after awhile, it's a piece of cake!
I just love it!! I thought I would bring it to a stitching social I'm going to on Saturday, but it might be done by then!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacquie, This looks so pretty I might make one for myself in the Christmas colours as well as in decor colours for our children. One night!!! Wow!!
Hugs,
AlbertaAnn :)

SheilaC said...

Beautiful, Jacquie!! It will keep someone nice and warm this winter!!

Sheila

Annelies said...

Adorable....and very inspiring. Maybe if I ever finish all the BABY projects I am involved in.....I might make one too!!! Greta work. XXX Annelies

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

This would make a quick over sized baby blanket if you picked out other colors from the Homespun line...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Von said...

I'll have to show this one to my sis - she's the crocheter of the family. Just an awesome project, Jacquie!!