Friday, April 10, 2009

I Love My Birthday...


I'm sorry, but I do. I love it better than Christmas. It means I survived another year and I'm starting a new one. Kind of the clean slate thing. But I also love the attention I get and the cake and the presents. I love getting best wishes from friends near and far, and it's a great excuse to do what I want, so did a bit of stitching. Mostly, birthdays make me feel like a little kid and it makes me laugh when "Happy Birthday" is sung and everyone uses a different name for me in the "blank." This time it was "Jackie," "Mom," "Mrs. Boller," and "Peter's Mom, " and when all were said at the same time, it was a jumble!! But I heard them all...my family and Peter's friends. I laughed so loud.

I also got spoiled today with candles, gift certificate for Elegant Stitch, Red Velvet Cake, chocolate, and a much needed HP Officejet printer. On Sunday, we celebrate some more at my parents with a combo Easter/Birthday dinner. So it continues on...

I must admit, however, that 53 is just a number...
an amazing number to me since I don't feel that old, at least most of the time. But I do love my birthdays even if it means I'm older...I just love birthday cake too much!! And presents...and attention. I'm sorry, but I do.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Jacquie!

Von said...

Ah, you're just a year ahead of me Jacquie. I can't believe that number will be 52 cuz except for a few aches, I don't feel what I imagine that age to be. :D

Sounds like you've had a great start to a very happy birthday celebration week! Here's to you!