Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lacy Scarf miracle


I've been spending the evenings knitting and thinking about how in the world we're going to afford Christmas this year. I've decided that the most important aspect of the holiday is that we spend it together as a family and that we do as little shopping as possible. A matter-of-fact, I'm encouraging homemade items like cookies, pumpkin bread, tea cup candles, and chex mix. And these scarves...although, I think this purple one is for me. I'm enjoying this lace pattern and the tweedy yarn with its occasional specks of colour amongst the sea of purple. I'm very happy with the results and can't believe I'm actually knitting this...it's almost as though the hands of my Oma are helping me in some way as I feel as though part of my success is through instinct, but another part is through concentration and practise. I'd like to think, though, that it's my guardian angel holding my hands.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Jacquie ...what a beautiful scarf!! You are so darn talented, such an inspiration. And I love the color.

--Pam

Christine said...

Hi Jacquie. Lovely scarf :)

Annelies said...

I am sure your Oma is in your heart and she directs your hands. It is a gift that you both possess. You are so right that Christmas is found in the joy of sharing your talents....the worth is deeper than any store bought gift. I am so glad you are my cousin. You inspire me with your talent and I hope we can get together soon to knit, to chat and maybe even sip some tea!!!! XXX Annelies

Ruth said...

Beautiful scarf!

In your first post you said that you hoped that blogging would keep you out of trouble (like shopping) lol how's that working out for you? It hasn't helped my stashing tendencies one bit!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Ruth,

Actually, it is working...I'm not shopping QVC anymore; I'm not bidding on eBay as much; and I'm shopping at Kohl's with less frequency. I must admit I have made a few yarn and cross stitch purchases, but that's even slowed down. I'm determined to stitch, crochet, or knit from the stash I have so that I can show off the results here...at least, that's the goal!!;)